A website should to start with be searched out by visitors prior to discussing attracting or keeping those visitors. Nowadays, a “well designed site” does not only associate with a website’s visual beauty however more notably, how friendly it is with search engines.
Below are 10 SEO friendly site designing suggestions where web designers must pay attention to during the early phase of their website design process.
- Prevent creating menu on the left-hand side of a website. If inevitable, an alternative method is to put some text with rich keywords on top or above the left-hand menu so that this text will be the very first thing to be read by search engines.
- Headings are rated more vital than the rest of the web page by online search engine. To make the most of this, you must have your keywords in the page heading. Because the header tag (h1) is quite big, you must format it to make it smaller.
- Every page must consist of the “title” and “description” tags with good keywords to describe the page material. The number of words for the title should not go beyond 9 which for the description ought to not be more than 20 words in order to keep within the limits of most online search engine.
- Attempt not to use huge image size as much as it’s possible. Huge image size will trigger sluggish page packing time and make people escape. Attempt to make it smaller sized and leave other area of your site for keyword-rich content if you truly have a factor for big images uses.
- Hesitate on how to utilize graphics. Make them pertinent to your content and utilize an alt tag with pertinent keywords for search engines to check out as they can not check out graphics and also for your visitors so that they can have something to check out when waiting for the graphics to load.
- Do not just utilize images to link out. You should always use text links to link out to crucial content on your web site. Spiders can follow image links, however likes text links more.
- Some search engines can not spider web pages with frames at all. For the other search engines that can, they can have problems spidering it and often they too can not index the web page.
- When laying out your page but to keep them easy for the spiders, prevent utilizing too complex tables. If the navigation bar is too made complex, there are some engines which discover it hard to navigate through to the other pages on your site.
- Use external Cascading Style Sheets and Java Script files to lower page size and make the download time much quicker. It will enable the spider to index your websites faster and can assist your ranking.
- Usage standard HTML. Software application such as Dreamweaver or a WYSIWYG editors will often add unneeded scripting codes that will make the page larger than is required and make it harder to crawl, not to mention the wordpress page builders such as Elementor, Brizy, Oxygen or Divi and all the add on plugins. It will often add codes that can not be read by search engines, causing the spider not to index the page or even the entire website. You should use those web page developer software wisely with a good understanding of html so that you may manually prevent or even delete those unnecessary scripting codes if to use, or perhaps use some code cleaning plugins!
That’s all of my 10 suggestions for creating SEO friendly sites. Enjoy your website design for seen by both human visitors and online search engine!